The 3rd Annual Benefit for Autism

Education, Research & Advocacy

 

 

                                     

 

 

 

 

 

BERGEN COUNTY BRIEFS

 

Sunday April 3, 2005

 

A little girl from Tenafly who giggles easily, but has a hard time sitting still, is helping children like her who have autistic tendencies.

 

Rebecca Singer and her parents, Michey and Jon Singer, have joined institutions such as the Alpine Learning Group in holding fund-raisers for autism awareness and education. For the past three years, they have sponsored the "Drive for Rebecca."

 

Every Sunday this month, California Pizza Kitchen in Paramus will donate 20 percent of purchases accompanied by a coupon. On April 16, various Starbucks stores in Bergen County will hold autism awareness events. Starbucks in Englewood and Edgewater will give out free samples and prizes.

 

About 20 percent of the funds will go toward starting a school in an urban area. The other 80 percent will be split among five schools devoted to autism, including the REED Academy, which was started by the Singers and other families. The money will also benefit medical research.

 

For more information about upcoming events or for a coupon to take to California Pizza Kitchen, visit DriveForRebecca.org.

 

- Soni Sangha

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Need a book, a CD or just about anything else? Please add our home page to your Favorites or Bookmarks list,  

AND EVERY TIME YOU BUY THROUGH THIS LINK YOU WILL HELP FUND RESEARCH & EDUCATION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Please share your Strange, Funny & Heartwarming Stories

 and tune in to our new Autism Tales™ Podcast (also on iTunes)

           

 

 

 

 

It’s now easy to donate using any major credit card  or you can

turn your American Express Membership Rewards into cash 

or click below to donate using PayPal

 

 

 

About  |  Why  |  Please Donate  |  Home  |  Autism Resources  |  Heroes  |  Sponsors  |  Team Rebecca  |  Drive Video   

 

For updates 1) about upcoming events to help find the cause and a cure 2) with more helpful information

and 3) and to be notified of the publication of The Special Needs Caregiver Survival Guide,

send email to:

 

       

 

 

 

The Drive for Rebecca, Inc.

 2 Valley Place PO Box 225

Tenafly, NJ 07670